Today was our second Camp Soaring Eagle Steering Committee meeting. I had the opportunity to meet some new members including the lovely Linda James, wife of founder Max James, and Heide Kaldor of Sedona Woman Wine. The meeting was held at the adorable Imagine Art in Sedona, a pottery painting place near Tlaquepaque. The whimsical building is tucked away along Brewer Street. Unfortunately it may be closing so don’t miss your chance to get over there and paint something! Specifically a tile which will be used to make mirrors for camper cabins and for fundraising. It is a great activity for families, a girls outing, or a team building experience for your employees.
Fantastic Sams Cut-a-Thon
- What: Head to the Flagstaff Fantastic Sams for a haircut! All proceeds that day will benefit Camp Soaring Eagle!
- When: Sat, June 5th from 9am-6pm
- Where: Fantastic Sams in University Plaza by Safeway
- Call if you have questions: 928-226-7279
- Cost: $11.95 (a discount from their normal pricing)
- Can’t make it that day? You can purchase a gift card for a hair cut for the same price and use it any time!
- There will be food and raffle prizes! A great event for the family!
Currently there are 200 children still in need of sponsorship to camp. The children will not get turned away BUT they need your help to get them to camp free of charge! $20 can go a long way if several people donate!
- CSE is looking for 10 new businesses to offer a “Donate at the Register” Program. This type of fundraising is becoming increasingly popular and occurs at grocery stores, Walgreens and Petsmart to name a few. Basically, customers just get the option to donate an extra buck or whatever to this cause when they pay.
- You can also “sell” a paper Eagle to be displayed in your business. Have you ever eaten at Chili’s when they are selling a Chili which you get to color and then they hang them all over the restaurant? Same concept.
- CSE has also started a program to help give employees a chance to give back if they desire through a paycheck deduction. They can decide the amount, you just take it out of their check and proceeds go to send kids to Camp. If you track the donations you can give your employees reports on how much they have contributed. Contact Rick James for more information on that.
- CSE also has donation boxes available that can be placed at registers. They will provide you with brochures and any other marketing information you would need.
- CSE Eagle is in need of volunteers to help with various administrative tasks that are piling up! It could be fun for a high school student who is bored this summer or anyone that just wants to help out for a few hours. Call the office for details, 928-284-9393.
- CSE is losing their tech savvy volunteer that assists with website updates and other website duties. If you or anyone you know is techy and wants to volunteer a little time to help with the website, call the office.
For one more easy way to give back, go to the Bashas Website and register your Thank You Card to CSE #25124 and a percentage of your shopping will go to the Camp.