Well after a year of blogging it seems like it is about time to have a giveaway!!! I am sure you agree and since I feel like I deprived you last year, I actually have THREE Giveaways lined up for the rest of the week! There are three crucial things I learned or got from this year of blogging: One- I love giving back and I have been exposed to so many amazing new organizations through this process that I likely would have never known about otherwise. Two- I have met some truly incredible people that I know for sure I would never have met otherwise. And three- I love weddings and all that goes into them! So, I wanted the Giveaways to represent each aspect of this year as well as be a way to tell all my readers, Thank you. Without you, I wouldn’t be here.
This blog was formed on the foundation of giving back so it only seems appropriate to start off with a giveaway that pays tribute to the charity side of things. Three Avocados was featured as our Sunday Spotlight a few weeks ago and since then I have developed an addiction to their coffee. Which is no surprise as I already have a pretty strong coffee addiction and theirs is much better than the store bought variety I have been drinking. You can read the full details on this organization here but the overall gist is, Joe Koenig, the founder took a trip to Uganda and was touched by the people there and their situation and he wanted to help. He determined that a great way to do that would be to sell coffee farmed in Uganda, in the US, and use the profits to help the people of Uganda. Joe decided that providing the people with a reliable source of clean water would make the biggest impact so a portion of each bag of coffee purchased goes to fund water projects in Uganda. Joe recently got back from a trip to Uganda and I am going to share a few of his pictures with you!
Can you imagine doing this just to get clean water?
Alright, lets talk about winning some coffee. The goal of this giveaway is to help get the word out about this great organization who is not only doing wonderful things but also has delicious coffee. So to enter:
- Like Three Avocados on Facebook and then post a link to the Three Avocados website and tag Three Avocados in your status so that your friends can learn about this organization. Leave a comment letting me know you did that and a link to your post. It should look something like this, word it however you choose:
- And/Or put up a Facebook post about this contest that tags both Three Avocados and The Charity Wedding. Make sure to leave a comment telling me you did so.
- And/Or you can follow Three Avocados on Twitter (@NonProfitCoffee) and tweet this post: “I just entered the @CharityWedding’s contest to win FREE coffee from @NonProfitCoffee http://bit.ly/f4tIhi!” Leave me another comment to tell me about it!
- And/Or can also blog about this organization and this contest. Please link back to the contest. Leave a comment letting us know you blogged and provide a link to your post.
- Select one or do all four for more chances to win!
The prize will be THREE bags of either ground or whole bean coffee (your choice)! Why three bags? So you can keep one, maybe two, and then share one with a friend! The idea behind Three Avocados coffee is not simply to get people to donate to their cause but rather to think differently about how they spend and decide to buy this coffee with a greater purpose over another brand. They just need a little help spreading the word!
The contest will run until next Wednesday so tell your coffee loving friends! A winner will be selected using a random generator, please leave me your email address so I know how to contact you. The contest is open to anyone in the United States- I’m SO sorry to my international friends but the product will come directly from the company and at this time shipping is not offered everywhere.
Good luck! If you are snowed it, you will definitely appreciate a warm cup of coffee!