Arizona Brides this event is especially for you and anyone else out there reading, while you can’t attend this event you may consider starting something similar in your area! Let me give you a little back ground info… a few years ago a lovely lady, Sarah, got engaged and began planning her wedding. She was floored (her words, not mine) by the average cost of a wedding in today’s world and felt that there had to be a better way. (Sound familiar to anyone you know?) She got married to her best friend and knew she still wanted to make a difference in the world of weddings, she wanted to find a way to make the cash people spend on weddings go towards something good. So that is when Brides Give Back was born. Brides Give Back is run by a group of volunteers who put on an annual auction using items or services donated by wedding vendors to raise money for charity.
The simplified version of this event is as follows: Vendors Donate, Couples Bid and Save Big, Charities benefit. Everybody wins. Last year’s auction included over $30,000 dollars worth of donated goods and services and couples paid as little as 30% of retail value. The event last year raised enough money to provide shelter for one night for 77 victims of domestic abuse. This year the charity the group selected is Save the Family which is an organization that serves homeless families and children and helps them to become self sufficient. I asked Sarah how they selected the charity and as you might expect she said that is always the biggest challenge as there are so many wonderful causes they would love to support. She said generally they take a consensus among what is important to all the volunteers who make this event happen. A organization that so seamlessly blends giving back with getting married, is incredible to me. So let me tell you the details of the event. ALL Arizona planning brides should make it a priority to go to this event! (Yep, I sure did bold that. That means I’m serious.)
- When: February 23, 2011 at 6PM
- Where: The Historic Icehouse at 429 West Jackson Street, Phoenix, AZ 85003.
- Cost: You decide. Yep that is right, I went to register and it told me to decide how much I thought my ticket was worth! Incredible. Since 100% of proceeds are going to charity you basically get to decide how much you want to give.
- How: Click here to register.
- ** A bonus: They will have champagne! Consider this the best bridal show you’ll ever go to, one where you will actually get stuff done, save money, and give back all in one setting. **
- If you could save up to 70% on wedding goods, would you? Um, hello, yes you would. Get registered.
Vendors: I am sure they would be glad to accept any donations you’d be willing to give. The more there is to bid on, the more money that goes to charity. Contact one of these fabulous ladies (the sooner the better as this event is quickly approaching) to discuss options for how you could help and tell them The Charity Wedding sent you! I never regret giving back, trust me, you won’t either.
Last but not least, they have a Facebook page. Head on over and Like them and help spread the word about this excellent cause.